Update January 2013: Some of the URLs provided in this post are not working by now, Radio Foorti was also offline for a long time. Thanks to everyone who commented about this. This year Radio Foorti is back online again, so check out the new URL below. And for your convenience, here's a playlist file for Radio Foorti that you can simply download and start streaming:
Download Radio Foorti iTunes Stream Playlist
Then enjoy Radio Foorti, and Bhoot FM!
Since actually 2007 I've been looking for a substantial way to listen to Bangla Radio on the internet. I've found websites, forums etc. but it was all too messy. I was mainly in search of a stream for the very popular and my very favourite Bangla radio station, Radio Foorti. Sad but true, in the past 3 years I did NOT come across a single functioning stream, link or website...
Well maybe I was lazy and not smart enough to figure it out But I mean something like that should be simple right? I've tried all possible methods. I tested between different platforms and different browsers and different sources... There is a site from Proshika where they clame to stream High and Low speed streams but that site is just a joke! Never worked at all.
Read the rest to find out how...
In 2009 I came across a few Bangla Radio websites like Radio Goongoon and Radio Today, and they had working links which opened an external window and had a flash player and in some cases the better QuickTime player as well as WMA and RealPlayer... But that was quite annoying as you have to go to the site, open the stream etc. and not to mention the occasional buffering...
Then came Radio Lemon24 and their stream was fantastic! Crisp sounds and very nice integration of the players but still there were things missing, like ease of use, equilizer setting options, volume wasn't always at sync and lots more...
I noticed the streams were coming from SHOUTcast servers and Radio Lemon24 had an iTunes file that was a shortcut to the stream! That was the key!! Simply find the right stream and add in iTunes!
As I use the Apple iTunes for all my music playback and so on, this was great to be able to have the radio links in the player...
So here's what you have to do. Below you will find links or URL to the radio stream from Radio Foorti and some other ones which I could find. Follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes (it's a FREE download at the Apple iTunes Page) and make a playlist by clicking the "+" sign at the very lower-left corner and name it as you like, I used "Bangla "Radio".
2. On the top menu of iTunes, click "Advanced" and select "Open Audio Stream" or you can use the shortcuts, Cmd+U on a Mac or Ctrl+U on a PC, and the small window (shown below) will appear where you can paste the desired URL.
3. Hit OK, and that's it!! The stream will need a little time to buffer depending on your internet speed but you'll start enjoying Bangla Radio with ease...
The best part with this is that you have to do it once. Because once saved, all you need to do is open iTunes and double-click the file. If you are on a Mac, you can also use Automator to make a schedule to automatically play the stream at a given time or a timeframe! So use your imagination and get the best out of it...
Here are the LIVE Stream URLs for iTunes
Radio Foorti Dhaka, 88.0 FM: http://220.127.116.11:1021/
(Station URL Updated on 10.01.2013)
Radio Today Dhaka, 89.6 FM: http://18.104.22.168:8000/
Radio Lemon24: http://22.214.171.124:8000/
Radio Oniyom, classic Bangla music from Bangladesh: http://teksea.homeip.net:8000/
Bangladesh Betar: http://126.96.36.199:1200
Radio Artonad: http://188.8.131.52:8070
Radio Goongoon: http://184.108.40.206:8032
Radio Apon http://220.127.116.11:8150
Radio Aamar http://18.104.22.168:8000
And if you have Apple AirTunes you can also use the functionality to stream or play music from iTunes to your stereo set or a different sound system maybe in the Kitchen or the Living Room or both at the same time! So check that out, you'll be amazed!
iTunes also allows you to set the equalizer even for radio streams so that's another huge advantage!
So leave comments and feedback on what you think and if this helps you. Maybe you also know some URLs so post them here are share with us.
Note: you can also use the Shoutcast App for the iPhone/iPod touch and search "Bangla" for these stations! Other mobile platforms also have similar Internet Radio Clients that you can also use.
About samiHassan Sami Adnan is a Medical student at the University of Göttingen (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen), Germany and an Apple Enthusiast/Expert. Owner of the Med Blog of nerves and arteries that features medical technology related posts for young doctors and medical students, this technology blog, the digital abrasion is also one of his passion. Sami has years of Web development and design experience as his hobby. Personal Website
Donate NOW (opens in iTunes)
Ads by Google
Hit the archives
- Friday Music Special
- Guest Blog
- Photo Walk
- রেডিও ফুর্তি
digital abrasion on Facebook
- My tribute to Steve Jobs
- Apple iPhone Event 2011
- Review: HideIPVPN — The ultimate VPN Service! [GIVEAWAY]
- WWDC 2011 LIVE Blog!
- Review: Enchantment — resistance is futile! [GIVEAWAY]
- Minister on Listen to radio foorti 88.0 FM and other Bangla Radio Streams
- imtiaz on Listen to radio foorti 88.0 FM and other Bangla Radio Streams
- Rakib on Listen to radio foorti 88.0 FM and other Bangla Radio Streams
- Jenna on FaceTime “Awaiting Activation” in Bangladesh…
- Fareeha on Listen to radio foorti 88.0 FM and other Bangla Radio Streams
- Hospitationsbericht: Orthopädie im maxineum July 31, 2010Recently I did a Hospitation at an Orthopedic Surgery Clinic in Göttingen and this is a report (in German) on my experience.Samara Sharmeen
- Data Transmission speed of the Human Eye: 1.25MB/s each July 5, 2010In 2008 one of my Professors at the University of Göttingen explained the fascinating features of the Human Eye in his lectures, and one of the most interesting aspects including a lot of others, in my opinion was the Data Transmission speeds of the Human Eye...sami
- Social network determinants of depression May 25, 2010Recently I came across a very interesting publication from the Nature's Molecular Psychiatry, published in March 2010 and thought would share with my Med friends and my readers on "of nerves and arteries"... so here are the details as well as the abstract and you will also find the links to the FULL paper as PDF and the original source.sami
- Epocrates Rx on the iPhone August 8, 2009Epocrates Rx is a great app on the iPhone and I'd like to kick off my 1st series of iPhone app reviews for Medical professionals with this review. Just like the countless essential apps that exist for the iPhone or the iPod touch, Epocrates is no less than any of them. In fact, it's one of the most popular one and in my opinion, a must have for Med […]sami
- Blog Planning August 7, 2009The new start of my Med blog again is something I’m totally looking forward to. Till now I’ve always been looking for something to write about and as the internet is full of resources, I guess it makes less sense to write about the same stuff. However, in the last few years I’ve seen a […]sami
- increased security August 5, 2009Testing the eikon fingerprint scanner to increase security for login etc. I’ll update on this post soon after testing… Tweetsami
- Testing iPhone WordPress client August 5, 2009So after the renewed spirit of blogging again, I noticed that I have to update many things. Now just checking out the WordPress client for the iPhone. This is just great. Has a lovely imterface and although it’s quite a hassel on other mobile devices, on the iPhone it is cool. I guess this time […]sami
- the return August 4, 2009It’s been ages since I last updated my blog. And have also transfered it here. Sorry to my fans who had to find their way back to my blog from my previous address. So apart form this being my Med blog, I’ll also use it for personal purposes… the blog at Kapani still will continue […]sami
- No public Twitter messages.
BAU Campus twitter feed